Wednesday 6 July 2011

Wireless adapter on Compaq Presario V2000

Today, I was trying to use wireless network connection on the Compaq Presario V2030US laptop. It didn't work initially. The wireless button didn't light up when I pressed it.

In device manager, the network adapter Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection is listed with a red cross on the icon. I tried to update the driver automatically and it appears to install some files from the system folder. In the end, it says the driver is not compatible with the platform. I'm guessing it's because the driver comes with the original installation is for XP Home and now the OS is XP Professional. Maybe there's some incompatibility.

So I went to find the driver for the wireless adapter online and installed it. It works now. :)

7 comments :

  1. I been using for Ubuntu for few month , i installed 10.04 in first . And Ubuntu keep updates install and now i am update to 11.10 . After updates , my Presario V2000 WIFI connection cannot at all . WIFI switch no light, but all from my Jaring internet setting memory remain . Now i have no connection WIFI , i cannot work anything for my V2000 . Please advise how to reconnect my WIFI SYSTEM ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's exactly my problem and that's exactly how to solve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is good enough to make somebody understand this amazing topic, If you need an account on Roku live streaming a good option for you. And you can enjoy entertainment content on your Roku TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is good enough to make somebody understand this amazing topic, If you need an account on Roku live streaming a good option for you. And you can enjoy entertainment content on your Roku TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our service center is one of the best Samsung Washing Machine service center in Navi Mumbai. We supply home service All repair work done at your home We require services on chargeable basis We are offered service and repair only out of warranty.

    ReplyDelete