Thursday 28 June 2012

Latte art

Yet another failure for my latte art today. I think this time the problem was not enough foam. This is indicated by liquid and runny milk which creates a homogeneous, light-brown coffee with no patterns. So to get more foam, I need to introduce more air during the frothing (stretching) phase. Today I was a little bit conservative in doing this because I was afraid of getting too many bubbles. I think my problem before may not be too many bubbles, but is not mixing the bubbles well enough with the milk during the second phase (mixing, texturing). During the frothing phase, the key is listening for a slight hissing sound and the milk should expand to two thirds of the pitcher. The holes of the steamer is about 1cm below the surface of the milk to introduce air into the milk.

No comments :

Post a Comment